I discovered this UK based company when I was looking for an alternative to UpCircle. UpCircle is a nice brand and has good ethics but I find that the formulas are either too weak (eye cream and serum) or too rich (face cream and cleanser) and break me out and do nothing good for my skin.
I have only been using this for a few days but even in that short time my under eyes look brighter. I can’t comment on the eye creams ability to reduce wrinkles but hopefully it keeps them at bay. You dont need a lot of the product and it’s $28 but I think this will last a few months so it’s worth the price. The packaging is great to its minimal plastic, the tube is aluminium and the lid is plastic. The products are made in the UK and reasonably priced. I have brought more from this brand, it just takes a while to get to Canada but I am hoping that I’ve found a plastic free/minimal plastic and UK based brand to replace my UpCircle products with. Shipping to Canada is also free over $60.
I’ve said it before but I am trying to buy as local as possible (either from UK or Canadian brands) and I found this one at Safeway. The brand is based in Kelowna BC. They are kinda more expensive than regular fizzy drinks so I can’t buy them often but I have brought them a couple of times. I’ve tried the peach and cherry and they are really good! They feel slightly healthier than regular ones to me and the taste is subtle but not too subtle like when you get sparkling water. They have 10g of sodium, 14% vitamin c, 10g of natural sugar and 50 calories per can. They also have pear, berry and apple and I will hopefully get around to trying these soon.
I personally always use a facial acid as part of my routine day and night. I currently use the Ordinary but I have used others. Here are some vegan facial acids to help even out your skintone that are in glass jars. They still might have a plastic lid but at least it’s little more sustainable than being all in plastic 🙂
We’re getting into the colder months (for most of the world) so our skin might need a little more care than it usually does in hotter months. Here are 6 vegan and plastic free body scrubs/polishes to help keep your skin smooth in to the new year!
Here’s whatI thought of 4 new things I brought from Ethique…
- Lip Balm – I got these as a free gift. I chose the Peppermint one. Its pretty concentrated so the tube will last for quite a while. I wouldn’t say its the most moisturising lip balm I’ve used but I like it and would buy again.
- Concentrated Body Cream – I brought the lavender and vanilla one. It’s pretty easy to make you just pour hot water on it in a bowl and stir until its melted. Having said that though I don’t think it is very moisturising. It’s nice that its good for the planet, plastic free but I’m not sure I would buy this again.
- Professor Curl (Shampoo Bar for Curly Hair) – It’s not the best smelling bar shampoo I’ve used but it works well. I’m not sure that I notice a difference to my hair with this specific curly hair specific shampoo to the normal ones. I do like that the bars last a few months and that they are plastic free.
- Coconut & Lime and Jasmine & Ylang Ylang Solid Body Creams -I tried the bars last year and I found them a bit messy so thought the new tubes would be better. I feel like you need a lot and it doesn’t rub into the skin well so doesn’t do any moisturising.
Overall I have not gotten on well with the new products but they do make my favourite shampoo bars so I will continue to buy them until I find a Canadian one to replace it with 🙂 my parcel also got lost and the customer service was amazing and fast at placing a replacement order.
Here are 10 brands that are using recycled material to make new products to help you make more your accessories more sustainable.
Small more eco friendly, sustainable choices can add up to a big difference so buying different nail polish brands can make a difference not matter how small it is. By picking more eco friendly nail polish brands you are also picking brands that are plant based and not toxic. Here are 6 brands to consider replacing your drugstore nail polish with when they run out.
I don’t think egg nog is a thing in the UK, it’s more of a North American tradition. I love Christmas and October, November and December are probably my favourite months of the year! The weathers better (I like it cold and sunny) and I like feeling festive and watching Christmas and Halloween films. Since moving to Canada I have discovered that vegan egg nog exists. I mean drinking flavoured egg water sounds kinda disgusting. I found the 3 brands below last year and tried all of them. They all tasted pretty awesome but the Earth’s Own one is probably my favourite. I can see online that So Delicious have more flavours so hopefully they’ll release these in Canada. I’ll also see if they have more released this year and I’ll try them all!
I was looking for something that would help with my anxious mind and also to help me sleep sometimes at night. I came across Orange Naturals as I do with most things nowadays on, well.ca. Why I brought these over other brands is that the reviews were mostly 5 stars. I have a hard time dealing with stress and other thinking and I usually use working out to deal with this but I wanted more to calm my mind so I tried out a few of the brands options. I have been using these for a few months now and here are my thoughts.
- Lemon Balm – this one helps you sleep easier at night. I think it worked for me. Not sure about reliving digestive discomfort but I would buy this again as I slept better taking it. I also felt better in the morning compared to taking melatonin.
- Ashawagandha – this is meant to help with stress and helps to keep you calm. I think it had a slightly positive affect and I notice it more obviously when I’m having a bad day. I still have some left so I will finish it off but I don’t know if I would re-buy it.
- Rhodiola – again this helps with stress but I’m not sure I noticed any difference taking it. I think there are better options out there for me.
- St. John’s Wort – this one also helps with feelings of anxious and helps you get calm. Out of the 3 meant to help with stress and feeling anxious I think this one worked well for me.
I love everything about this brand! So far I have tried the honeycomb blast, caramel nougat, choccy peanutsters, salted caramel cups and salted caramel buttons. The chocolates are smooth and I like that they have so many different flavours and options. As with everything else in my life I am looking to reduce my waste or at least choose options that are better for the environment and this brand has a zero waste policy when it comes to their packaging. This means they only use packaging designed to be recyclable, containing recycled materials or that’s reusable. I don’t think the brand is available outside of the UK which is slightly annoying so I will just have to ask my family to send more so I can try the rest of the range!